January 2, 2018

#mustreadin2018


I'm pleased to be participating in the must read fun again this year!  Thanks for hosting Carrie Gelson of There's a Book for That.  All the books on my list are new 2018 releases (see publishing dates for each book listed below).  I hope this reading goal motivates me to read more books throughout the year so I can introduce these new titles to my students.  I'll provide updates on my reading on April 5th, September 6th, and December 27th.  Below are my lists of new picture books and chapters books to read in 2018:




Picture Book Release Dates:

1/9/18 - Love by Matt de la Pena and Loren Long

4/3/18 - Sometimes You Fly by Katherine Applegate 

4/24/18 - Dude! by Aaron Reynolds and Dan Santat

4/24/18 - Misunderstood Shark by Ame Dyckman and Scott Magoon

5/8/18 - Square by Mac Barnett and Jon Klassen

5/15/18 - How to Code a Sandcastle by Josh Funk and Sara Palacios

5/15/18 - The Itchy Book by by Mo Willems and LeUyen Pham

6/5/18 - Drawn Together by Minh Le and Dan Santat

6/5/18- Off and Away by Cale Atkinson

7/10/18 - Princess and the Pit Stop by Tom Angleberger and Dan Santat

8/28/18 - Cute as an Axolotle by Jess Keating

9/8/18 - The Alphabet Book With No Pictures by B.J. Novak


Chapter Book Release Dates:

1/2/18 - Fenway and Hattie Up to New Tricks by Victoria J. Coe

1/16/18 - Ellie, Engineer by Jackson Pearce

1/30/18 - The Problim Children by Natalie Lloyd and Julia Sarda

1/30/18 - Smart Cookie by Elly Swartz

2/13/18 - Granted by John David Anderson

3/27/18 - Aru Shah and the End of Time by Roshani Chokshi 

3/27/18 - Good Dog by Dan Gemeinhart

5/1/18 - Bob by Wendy Mass and Rebecca Stead

5/29/18 - Two Dogs in a Trench Coat Go To School by Julie Falatko

6/5/18 - Liars and Lions by Kate Beasleyand Dan Santat

6/5/18 - Breakout by Kate Messner

7/17/18 - The Game Masters of Garden Place by Denis Markell

4 comments:

  1. That is a lovely stack of picture books that I cannot wait to read! Thanks for sharing the list and the release dates! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We share some novels on our lists this year. I am so excited about Bob as a collaboration from two of my favourite authors! I almost put Liars and Lions on my list. Love the cover by Dan Santat. Happy Reading in 2018!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have many picture books that I am looking forward to, too. Love is beautiful! I had forgotten about Lions and Liars, but should have added that to my list, as well. You will love Granted! The Problim Children is great, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your lists of books here. I will be looking forward to reading your thoughts and hopefully, reading some of them for myself.

    ReplyDelete